Friday, February 14, 2014

Out of Love

I found myself at a loss last night.  One of my small group ladies asked what kind of dessert I might like at our dinner tonight; I said "eclair cake."  All three of the ladies standing there had no clue what I was talking about.  I had to describe what eclair cake is.  I was a bit flabbergasted as I'd never had to describe eclair cake before.  All my brain could remember as a description was creamy, chocolately goodness; a little taste of heaven?  I don't know!  What the heck is eclair cake made of?  I don't know!  I've never had to make it, I just devour it!  Ah!  This was all playing frantically through my head (hence the use of italics), while on the outside all that came out was, "Um, well..."

Coherency finally came: graham crackers, pudding-like middle, and a hard chocolate topping (actually describing the hard chocolate topping was interesting too).  One of the ladies did say it sounded familiar, but maybe she knew it by a different name (e.g. sticky buns and monkey bread are the same thing where I'm from).

Here is a link to an easy recipe with the chocolate topping as I think of it.  For all of the other deprived people out there:  http://www.thekitchenismyplayground.com/2012/03/no-bake-chocolate-eclair-dessert.html

You're welcome.

Love, Stephanie

No comments:

Post a Comment