Monday, December 10, 2012

Things I Think About on My Drive to Work 5 - Dec 3 2008

Some Christmas songs are just ridiculous. Take for instance the Live Aid "Feed the world" song (you know, LiveAid - made up of every 80s celebrity and his mother). Lyric: "And there won't be snow in Africa this Christmas"... Because it's snowed before in Africa? I suppose we'll just call it a metaphor. Haha.

That song cracks me up every time I hear it on the local radio station that has Christmas 24/7 -- which they started TWO WEEKS before Thanksgiving this year! Are you freakin' kidding me? Is nothing sacred?

What also kills me is that there are a bazillion Christmas songs out there and yet I still hear "Do You Hear What I Hear" five times in an eight-hour period. And how many different ways can you really sing "Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas," "There's No Place Like Home for the Holidays," "Lovely Weather for a Sleigh Ride Together," etc?

And people wonder why the suicide rate goes up during the holidays.

No comments:

Post a Comment