Monday, December 10, 2012

Things I Think About...9 - Jul 14 2009

Subtitled: Chesterton and the Marathon

The new Harry Potter releases tomorrow! A local theater is having an H.P. marathon. I really want to go -- I would take off work b/c I am that big of a nerd -- but I have responsibilities for VBS at church tonight. But the marathon is the first 5 movies back-to-back, lunch and dinner provided, ALL for $15! You can't beat that. Then they're having an advance screening of the 6th H.P., Half Blood Prince, at midnight. Awesome! Oh well.
On an ironic note, tonight's lesson at Bible School is "Doing what is right."

I was rewatching a season 3 C.M. (Criminal Minds) episode last night, one with a brilliant quote from G.K. Chesterton: "Fairytales don't tell children that dragons exist. Children already know dragons exist. Fairytales tell children the dragon can be killed." (Hopefully I didn't mess that up.) It reminds me of this children's book I bought in London called You've Got Dragons. I can't remember who wrote it off the top of my head, but it's worth a read through.

Off to face another long day

No comments:

Post a Comment